Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Garrison Keillor

Ever since I was young my dad has listened to a show called 'A Prairie Home Companion' on the radio. When I was a kid I hated listening to this show but now that I understand the jokes it is absolutely hilarious. Garrison Keillor is the writer of the show and does a new one every week. It is amazing that he can write a two hour show for every week and keep them filled with great jokes and great music.

Garrison has created an imaginary place called Lake Wobegon where he lives. He tells stories about the place and goes into detail about the characters and gives them quirky characteristics. The show consists of stories, fake advertisements, and music.

If you have never heard it before you just must. This show is from August 5, 2006.

WARNING: The music is mostly folk and bluegrass, but you can skip them if you really despise that type of music.

Have A Great Day!!

2 comments:

MLA said...

I LOVE THIS. And I thougt I was the only one!

James said...

Wow! I only know of a few people who actually listen to this. It is so good to know you are one of them.