Friday, January 19, 2007

Rock Climbing & Life


I have loved rock climbing ever since the first time that my dad took me. We went to Grand Ledge which is in Grand rapids and these are 50 foot cliffs. This place is not that high relative to other places but hey, we are in Michigan. I recently went to Planet Rock in Ann Arbor and they have a really nice indoor place to climb. It re-claimed my passion for climbing. When I look at other photos of people climbing thousand foot cliffs it makes me daydream and wish that I had the time to do that kind of stuff.

So my new plan in life is to work as an accountant for 10 years while living in a piece of crap house that way I can save up all of my money for early retirement. Once I have saved up a good amount of money I will take 10 years off to travel the world so I can do some good backpacking, rock climbing and camping. After that I will go back into the work force and work until I can retire.

The only problem is that I will most likely get married and have kids. Does it ever seem like you have too many plans for your life and there is virtually no way you can accomplish all that you want to?

Then it hit me, I have to build a time machine that way I can do all of these things and then come back to the present moment and keep living my life. As I am sure many of you would like one of these machines I will loan it out to whoever. It got me thinking about all the things that I want to do in my life and how consuming of money and time everything is.

I enjoy accounting a lot but I also get to thinking that there are things that I enjoy even more. Someone posed me a question once; If you didn't have to worry about money what would you do with all of your time? I think that this is something we need to ask ourselves every now and then to make sure that we know we are doing what we truly enjoy doing.

So what would you do?

Have A Fantastic Day!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Become a self-employed accountant and marry a teacher, then you can go climbing in exotic locales every summer. Need any other problems solved?

Lisa said...

Grand Ledge? Did you go to the city GRAND LEDGE where there are a ton of ledges and rock climbing places or is there another place in GR that I don't know about???

Hmmmm...

James said...

Yea it is close to Grand Rapids. I really like it there. Why? have you been?